A New Kind of Normal is re-launching her Sharing Our Spoons and I decided I want to join. I am so tired of my life right now. I realized this yesterday as I kept stuffing my face, out of boredom, out of anger, out of loneliness, and out of sadness. Somehow I must break out of this loop that I am on before I reach 400 pounds again. I am steadily climbing up and I hate it.
Here are the guidelines:
- Physical: could be weight loss or exercise related or it could be goals like eating more veggies or cutting soda
- Mental/Emotional: take a day to be alone, write a letter, paint, etc
- Spiritual: start a new devotional book, commit a certain amount of time a day for prayer/meditation
- Something fun: Take time to treat yourself – maybe a pedicure or Starbucks (if you don’t typically splurge for specialty coffee)
- BONUS: One thing to get you out of your comfort zone a week – try something new, sign up for a class you maybe have been putting off.
Okay, so here are my goals for the month of August:
- Physical: Drink more water instead of soda, gain control over my eating using myfitnesspal and of course continue the challenge I am doing on Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.
- Mental/emotional: Read a novel, an actual fiction novel. I have been reading a lot of non-fiction and it is time to include fiction reading.
- Spiritual: My daily devotional, “Jesus Calling” by Sarah Young.
- Something Fun: a picnic in the park one day this month would be awesome.
- Bonus: Something to get my out of my comfort zone. I have some recipes that I have been saving that I have gotten off of other blogs, websites, and Facebook that I want to try out. Try out one to two new recipes this month.