Finding joy with illness I believe is crucial for anyone with a chronic illness. It is so easy to be miserable and say there is no joy in my life. I have learned the smalls things bring me joy. What brings me joy?
· Sitting in my apartment lobby, media room, or rec room and visiting with my neighbors.
· Snuggling with my cat and having him try to massage me.
· Reading a good book on a cold, rainy night in my fuzzy pink socks and pink Pajama’s
· Using my skills to help out others
· Chopping vegetables, there is something about the motion of chopping that is soothing and brings me joy
· Listening to music absorbing the instruments and the words
· Cooking, I love making recipes that are nutritious and taste wonderful
· Playing board games with family and friends, not Face book games, but actually board games where you can see and interact your peers. It is bonding for me. I enjoying the bonding aspect of talking I don’t care if I win or not.
· Taking hot baths with my essential oils
· Watching movies
· Eating M & M’s, my favorite
As you can see I enjoy a lot of things in my life. Even though I have flare ups and those days when I am absolutely exhausted I can still find small things that I enjoy that make life bearable again. That is the key to being positive with an illness, finding the small moments of joy.