Adventure’s In The Hospital
This week has been a rough week. I ended up having to go to the ER over my left hand swelling up. It seems like by the 5th month after my Rituximab chemo treatment some body part swells up and makes my life a challenge. I hate that.
This time I ended up in the hospital for 4 days. While there I learned some things.
1) They have essential oils offered there. I enjoyed smelling peppermint. It helped me relax.
2) Peppermint can be used instead of mace. I spilt some peppermint oil and I ended up getting some into my eye while I was cleaning up the mess. Ouch! The nurse and I had to flush it out. Not fun at all. At least I know now that I can use my peppermint oil for mace in a pinch.
3) That the nurses and nutritionist don’t know what they are doing when picking out healthy food. They gave me fat-free salad dressing and other fat-free products, but guess what the first ingredient in these products was? If you guessed high fructose corn syrup then you guessed right. When I was able to choose my own food. I did a lot better.
4) Having a meal without grains in it at the hospital is a huge challenge. They serve a lot of grains and guess what that does not work for me.
5) I hate having a moving bed.
I am glad to be home. Nicholas was happy I was home too. I am thankful for my neighbors who watched out for my baby Nicholas and for my sister in law who took me to the hospital.
Next week I will be heading to Seattle and getting my infusion treatment.