God Gave Me You
God Gave Me You by Tricia Seaman and Diane Nichols tells the extraordinary story about a nurse and patient relationship that goes beyond the hospital setting. Tells the story of a woman who was dying and wanted to have her son in a safe, loving home before she left this earth.
Although, I do not have children of my own. I still felt a kinship with Tricia 1 as she struggled with coming to terms with her cancer and the fact that she was dying. I don’t have cancer, but I do have an illness. I have lost some of my independence as I journey through my illnesses.
What touched me the most about this story was the theme of stepping out of your own box and building relationship and helping each other get through the hardest part of one’s life. Dying! I love that a nurse made the choice to step out and help a patient beyond the hospital. She took the patients son and made him her own and in the process honored the mother.
Here is what inspired me:
- Acceptance makes the journey easier. Accepting the help from the community. Accepting the love that pours from God that comes through as kindness, respect, and valuing of you. Accepting that someone is not ready to move forward. In order to feel it, you have to accept it. It’s not always easy, but when you do accept it makes the journey less treacherous.
- Planning takes the sting out of life.
- Even if two people don’t agree with each other on how to do things, they can both do it their way and still laugh and enjoy each other. The key is letting others be who they are.
- God doesn’t always do things the way we think he should. He does things his way and sometimes it comes in the form of a totally unexpected place.
- Family isn’t always blood. I love that Seaman’s entire family accepted Trish and her son with no hesitation. Love conquers all. Didn’t Jesus tells us to first love?
I hope that you the opportunity to check out God Gave Me You by Tricia Seaman. It will touch your life heart, like it did mine.
Disclaimer: In exchange for my honest review I was given a free copy of “God Gave Me You” by Tricia Seaman by Howard Books. The thoughts and opinions I express are my own.